Committee Mtg Notes
Our next Adult Committee Meeting is: (undetermined)
Stay up to date with notes from our last meeting:
- At a Zoom parent meeting on Tuesday, 1/12/21 it was decided to start in-person meetings again with one Patrol meeting each week at the fire hall, in order to keep numbers at the 10 or less required by local COVID-19 guidelines at this time. Each boy’s current rank needs will be shared with Patrol Leaders in order for them to plan their weekly meeting and help their Scout advance.
- A couple parents have offered to assist the Troop with setting up and utilizing Google Classroom to facilitate communications and remote work among Scouts.
- Summer camp is unknown at this time. In lieu of a Council sponsored summer camp, the Troop will again run its own in-house, small-group summer camp if necessary. Parent assistance will be crucial for this to work.
- Ideas for outings (hikes, orienteering, etc) were discussed as additional ways to get Scouts together in small groups and keep them active.
- As always, parent assistance is requested/needed. Please reach out to Mr. or Mrs. Marks or to Mr. Monson with any help you are able to give. Leading an activity, becoming a merit badge counselor, calling locations for information on outing options are all ways you can help the Troop. You have skills that will help – let us know!
- Northwood Elementary School has decided to no longer hold our charter. We are please to be accepted by Union Fire Company going forward. The transition of our Charter will be completed by council this year.
Tops cards are always available. Contact the Troop to purchase. You purchase at face value and your Scout earns credit in his account thanks to Tops! Don’t miss this easy opportunity to get credit toward camp.